Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Everlast Universal Heavy Bag Hanger Review

Everlast Universal
Heavy Bag Hanger

Specifications as provided by manufacturer:
Hang your heavy bag from any beam or pole that can support up to 200 lbs with this universal hanger from Everlast®. A rubberized interior surface prevents sleeve rotation, while embedded steel supports increase stability and strength. Heavy-duty nylon straps are ideal for security and safety.

Price $20

Product link

Review:
          I purchased this bag hanger because I wanted to hang my tear drop bag in my garage from the wood beams without having to drill or put a permanent hanger in. This product looked cool and seemed to be what I needed  so I purchased it online for under $20, a lot cheaper than suggested retail of $20-$29. After receiving this product I made an upsetting discovery, this product was made to fit exposed 2x6 wood joists, my garage had 2x4 wood joists. So after some thinking I decided to cut a scrap piece of 2x4 I had in half to make a 2x2 that I set on top of my 2x4 beam to essentially make it a 2x6.
          After strapping in this hanger and adjusting its length for my tear drop bag I noticed something about the hanger that made me weary of this product, the adjustable buckle is made of a very cheap plastic. So I went online to look for reviews low and behold every review I found said the plastic buckle had snapped causing the bag to fall down. Some also stated that the stitching on the strap had come undone also causing the bag to fall. After i finished reading the reviews I went to go and hang my bag up and hit it around for a bit, the buckle and the strap seemed to hold up, but i must point out my tear drop bag is lighter than the bags some of these people were putting on the hanger. I used the hanger for a day but felt uncomfortable leaving my bag hanging on it as a car is parked pretty close to where the bag hangs and I didn't want to risk the hanger breaking and sending the bag into the car. I also found a great alternative to this product which also helped me decide to not use it and use my new "hanger" instead, I'll write a blog about what  I found that works better than this later.
          So in the end i have decided to not use this product perhaps it may still find a use hanging a double end bag as those are light and wont cause as much stress on the buckle but due to its poor rating on most sites at just 1 star and the lack of trust i have in it to hold my bag I rate this product .5 fists out of 5



No comments:

Post a Comment